Risottos are a great way of enjoying lots of fresh veg that is ripe without over cooking them. You can just chuck most of them in at the last minute.
If you are veggie, you can always use a veggie or vegan alternative to parmesan.
Vegetable or Vegan Risotto
Write a review
- Use whatever veg is available, chop in small pieces
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Handful of Risotto Rice
- 50 gm Parmesan or Vegan Substitute
- 1 Glass of White Wine
- 200ml Hot Stock
- They are very easy to make and the combinations are endless.
- Just gently fry onion and garlic with risotto rice until it is soft and translucent. Then alternate adding a little hot stock and white wine until the rice is cooked.
- Add parmesan to taste.
- Then toss in whatever veg that is ripe and ready that you fancy. I’ve used runner beans, peas, courgettes and peppers. They don’t need cooking, just heating up for a minute or two.
- Add seasoning and garnish and serve straight away.
This Week In The Garden http://www.thisweekinthegarden.co.uk/