Cauliflower Soup is one of my favourite all time soups, I can remember the first time I tried it in a cafe in Scotland in the 80s. I fell in love with it. I’ve tried to replicate that taste from my memory ever since, trying different recipes. I think this one is the closest.
Of course, if you grow your own cauliflower, it is even better.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, chopped up into small pieces
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- Stock, 1 litre
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sweat the onions, celery and potatoes until they are all soft, about 5 minutes
- Add the stock and cauliflower and boil for about 10-15 minutes
- Puree with a soup blender, leaving a few pieces of soft cauliflower to give it a nice texture
- Serve hot with a bit of grated cheese and a few croutons if desired.