Posh Grandma's Vegan Stew
A mildly spiced stew of sweet potato, aubergine and coconut milk. Perfect on a cold day with brown rice or roast potatoes. It's really quick and easy and will freeze into 4 - 6 portions.
Write a review
- A dash of oil
- 1 medium aubergine, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 1 TBSP of garam masala
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fry the aubergine until it is golden brown and then tip it out onto a plate and set aside.
- Fry the onions until soft
- Add the ginger and spices and fry until the onions are translucent.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them with the rest of the ingredients to the pan
- Bring to the boil and then simmer until the sweet potatoes are nice and soft.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This Week In The Garden http://www.thisweekinthegarden.co.uk/