This vegan flapjack is a constant in my house. It's so good for people doing sports, or in a hurry or on their travels. It's a quick and really tasty energy boost and they taste amazing, every time!
Write a review
- 150g pitted dates, cooked until mushy in a bit of water
- 100g coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 150g of whatever you have in the cupboard like nuts, seeds, chia seeds, ground hemp, flax, maca or chopped nuts
- 50g raisin or other dried fruit
- 150g porridge oats either whole or ground
- Heat the oven to 170°C fan/gas 5.
- Put the cooked mushy dates in a pan with the coconut oil, agave syrup and mix until blended. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir until well mixed.
- Tip the mixture into the tin and press until firm.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. It will still look like it might fall apart. Score into 16 pieces and leave to cool in the tin. Carefully remove and place in a tin.
- These taste great and are so easy to make. Fantastic on the go snacks for packed lunches or outdoor adventures. They are different every time, depending on what I feel like throwing in.
This Week In The Garden http://www.thisweekinthegarden.co.uk/