I’ve just picked the first broccoli of the season. So excited! I could have left it to grow bigger, but I just couldn’t wait! I’ve left a tiny floret on the plant to see if it will grow now. It was underneath the larger one and was not getting any sunlight.
I love this time of year when I can pick nearly all the ingredients for a meal. This morning I picked the onions, broccoli, kale and potatoes needed to make this delicious Broccoli & Stilton Soup. Here is the recipe.
- A little olive oil
- Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large or 2 small onions, finely chopped
- A few kale leaves, finely chopped
- 3 small potatoes, finely chopped
- Vegetable stock
- 50 gm of stilton, crumbled
- Fry the onion on a low heat until soft
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese
- Simmer until all the vegetables are soft
- Mash with a potato masher
- Crumble the cheese in and stir
- Crumble a bit of extra stilton on top of the soup as a garnish if you want it extra cheesy!
- Season with fresh cracked black pepper