I’m growing quite a bit of celery this year, it is easy to grow and it lasts for a long time. Mine grew right through the winter and is re-growing again this season. It has a lot more taste in early spring in the second season and takes very little work to grow. I’ve also started experimenting with re-growing it in the kitchen on the window sill in a small shallow dish. This seems to work really well and the tiny shoots are delicious in salad and full of health benefits.
Celery is really high in antioxidants, fibre, Vitamin K and also contains Vitamins A, B2, B6 & C. This soup is fat free and super quick to make. It’s a real tonic if you are feeling a little off colour or are convalescing.
- 5 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes, chopped small
- Stock- enough for the consistency that you want
- Chilli to taste
- Boil all the ingredients and blend
- Alternatively, steam the vegetables, add to the stock and then blend.
- It may be that you can preserve more of the nutrients if you use the steaming method